Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Welcome Milena!!



Hello hello,
I'm Milena (currently 15 and studying at the European School Munich) and since my aunt Inga is working with MCSS at the time, I took the opportunity to visit her and do a two-week work experience at such an awesome, picturesque place with an important purpose, lots of experience to gain and things to learn.
I must say that I was a little surprised on my first day at the Banyan Tree, as the office was quite a tad smaller than I had expected – which isn't something negative.
Time flew by, as we collected some old traps from the Grand Police project with the canoe and sent the Phantom4 drone on a mission to take photos of the Anse Forbans wetland to later create a detailed, high quality map.
(Me flying the drone)

(Anse Forbans wetland, photo taken with drone) 

The rest of the first week was just as eventful - we went on a little Turtle patrol (it's not the season for turtles though, so we didn't see any turtles or tracks), sent the drone on more missions to complete the map of Anse Forbans, tried out our self-made bottle traps for invertebrates (not very successful...) and did some beach profiling at Anse Intendance.
I'm pretty sure next week will be no less exciting!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment