Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Shanilla working hard


Hello, it has been almost one month now which has been just enough to get used to the working environment at the Wildlife Conservation and Rehabilitation Centre located at the Banyan Tree Resort. Everyone is so amazing here and I have enjoyed every single day, I have learned and done a lot which is a great experience.


I have helped with the sea turtle monitoring activities, beach profiling and with the daily care of Tiko, which is a juvenile hawksbill sea turtle in rehabilitation at the centre. My favourite activity is the fresh water turtles (terrapins) monitoring: I am involved in setting up the traps in the Intendance wetland and in checking them daily for any terrapins. Those that are found in our traps are brought at the centre, measured, weighted, identified, marked and then released in the same pond where they were found in.
 
There is so much ahead of me and I’m looking forward to new experiences in these next two months. 




No comments:

Post a Comment